Walker’s Point Center for the Arts has announced an open call for art for its Community Frames exhibition, a moving image gallery.
Community Frames is an initiative that aims to highlight moving image in a gallery setting. The gallery will focus on ideas of community, identity and voice.
The Walker’s Point Center for the Arts is an arts community-based organization located in Walker’s Point. The WPCA was created 30 years ago with the goal to make art experiences accessible to families and youth of all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
For this event, the WPCA has teamed up with UW-Milwaukee, MIAD, MKE Film, Black Lens, Cine Sin Fronteras and other filmmakers.
The installation will be displayed from June 1 to July 7. Submission deadline is April 7 at 11:59 p.m. A $20 submission fee will be charged to all non-members and non-students. All entries will be reviewed by a panel and winners will be selected and exhibited or screened between the dates during the run of the gallery.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Send links via file sharing sites such as Dropbox, Google drive, or Share Drive.
- All Submissions must have been produced after January 1.
- All files must be encoded in either .mov or .mp4 file formats with a H.264 codec.
- No letterboxing on videos.
- One second of black video on the head and tale of your film to optimize it for video loops.
For more information, visit wpca-milwaukee.org/proposal-2/communityframes.