A report from the nonpartisan, nonprofit Center for Public Integrity found Scott Walker’s haul of $11.5 million from donors not living in Wisconsin through early October led the nation for out-of-state contributions for state level office seekers. Walker continued the trend of snagging big money from people who do not have to live with him as their state’s governor with his latest finance filing made public on Monday evening, bringing his total raised for his gubernatorial campaigns since 2010 to over $109 million.
“Scott Walker’s money machine doesn’t stop at the state line. He’s raised more money from out of state for this election than any other candidate running for state level offices in the nation,” commented One Wisconsin Now executive director Scott Ross. “He’s willing to sell out Wisconsin for cash for his campaigns, no matter where you live.”
According to the Center for Public Integrity:
“Three gubernatorial candidates — in Pennsylvania, New York and Wisconsin — have each raised at least $5.5 million from states other than their own, making up between 18 percent and 50 percent of their campaign funds. Nationwide, out-of-state contributions make up only 10 percent of direct gubernatorial fundraising.
“Among candidates for state-level offices, Walker has raised the most from out of state, hauling in about $11.5 million to make up more than half of his campaign funds.”
In his campaign finance report filed on Monday, Walker has kept up ferocious pace of out-of-state donor shakedowns. Among the cavalcade of big money contributors from other states making appearances are:
• $20,000 from New York based chair of Weight Watchers Ray Debbane;
• $25,000 from the governor of South Dakota Dennis Daugaard;
• $20,000 from Newport Beach, California’s Duane Roberts, also known as "The Frozen Burrito King”;
• $30,000 from homophobe and Trump lackey Mike Pence’s Great America Committee PAC;
• $50,000 from the Heartland Regional PAC of Missouri right-wing lunatic Rex Sinquefield, who famously said that public schools were created by the KKK.