The United Performing Arts Fund (UPAF) announced its selection of affiliates for the 2017-18 performance season. A total of 15 performing arts organizations have been named a UPAF Affiliate, collectively receiving $98,150 in grants. An additional $15,000 was given by Johnson Controls, and $5,000 from Briggs and Stratton. For performing at 2017 campaign events, a further $39,342 was allocated to participating affiliates.
UPAF recently announced that it allocated a record-breaking $9,315,885 after its 50th Anniversary Campaign, with over 85 percent going to the six Cornerstone Groups.
“On our 50th anniversary year, we’re again pleased to support performing arts groups from throughout the region,” said Deanna Tillisch, UPAF president and CEO. “The Affiliate Program enables UPAF to provide additional financial resources to support smaller organizations that play an important role in supporting the creative vibrancy of our community.”
UPAF Affiliates for the 2017-18 Season are:
- Black Arts MKE, Inc. - $18,000
- Milwaukee Opera Theatre - $6,000
- Festival City Symphony - $5,500
- Latino Arts, Inc. - $15,000
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center - $10,000
- Theatre Gigante - $4,000
- Darby's Dancers - $2,000
- Frankly Music, Inc. - $4,500
- Windfall Theatre - $3,000
- Wild Space Dance Company - $5,500
- Racine Symphony Orchestra - $10,000
- In Tandem Theatre, Inc. - $8,650
- Wisconsin Philharmonic - $2,000
- Kettle Moraine Symphony - $4,000
- Above the Clouds - $10,000
For more information, visit upaf.org.