South Los Angeles Resident and STAND-LA organizer Don Martin lives 300 feet from an oil and gas site owned by Sentinel Peak Resources in West Adams, South Los Angeles.
In February 2020, he addressed a crowd during a Fire Drill Friday rally at Los Angeles City Hall. He shares his story of living on the frontlines of fossil fuel extraction in California and the very real toll it's taken on his loved ones.
California lawmakers are considering a state bill, AB 345, that would require the state to enact a public health and safety buffer zone from fossil fuel extraction sites and the communities they impact.
Read the powerful joint opinion piece that Don authored with Jane Fonda, calling on California lawmakers to say NO to neighborhood drilling and say #YESonAB345: https://bit.ly/3hb1BPw
- Wisconsin’s 23,000 rejected absentee ballots in April could spell trouble for November
- Republicans demand answers whether Bernell Trammel killing was related to support of Trump
- Superior has highest property crime rate among Wisconsin cities
- As federal agents terrorize Portland, Trump aims next at Chicago
- Kim Kardashian West 'devastated' after Kanye's comments
- As COVID ravages Trumpland, Republican governors choose different paths
- Michigan Supreme Court is reviewing case of a teenager jailed for not doing online schoolwork
- Washburn, Bayfield County weigh face mask ordinances
- New York bans travelers from Wisconsin due to the state's high rate of coronavirus spread
- Sen. Nass: State's coronavirus count may be skewed by faulty data
- Fishing and Conservation Groups Back State of Washington’s Move to Protect Salmon from Hot Water Caused by Federal Dams
- Trump NEPA Rollback Exempts Factory Farm Financing from Environmental Review
- Power Plant Opponents March in Newburgh to Urge Gov. Cuomo to Stop Danskammer
- Senate Aid Package Falls Short
- Senator Booker Introduces Line Speed Bill to Protect Meatpacking Workers
- Senate GOP’s COVID Relief Package: $20 Billion for Big Farmers, Zero for Farmworkers and Hungry Families
- NRDC, Healthy Gulf Sue to Protect Gulf of Mexico Whale
- NRDC Report: How Climate Crisis Threatens Worker Health and Safety, Both Outdoors and Inside
- European Regulators Find ‘No Safe Level’ of Hormone-Disrupting Chemical Common in Cosmetics
- Dog Days of Summer: Pet Deaths From Toxic Algae Blooms Already Mounting