Every day, we add about 227,000 people to the planet – and that comes with a steep cost.
Human population growth and overconsumption are at the root of our most pressing environmental problems, including the wildlife extinction crisis, habitat loss and climate change.
Join us to learn how the Center tackles these critical issues that many environmental groups would rather not talk about.
World Population Day is Saturday, July 11 so this week is a perfect opportunity for a conversation about this important work. We’re focused on common-sense solutions including the empowerment of women and girls, universal access to reproductive healthcare and education, healthy and secure food systems – and a societal commitment to giving all species a chance to live and thrive.
We also have some fun. The Center has distributed more than 1 million free Endangered Species Condoms across the country with catchy packaging slogans like “Fumbling in the Dark? Think of the Monarch” and “Wrap with Care, Save the Polar Bear.”
This presentation features the Center's Kelley Dennings, Population and Sustainability Campaigner, and Sarah Baillie, Endangered Species Condoms coordinator.
- Popular Midwest Resort Re-Opens With Private Villas, Homes Ready To Host Guests For Fun And Socially Distant Vacations
- Protesters: We will be in Milwaukee, even if DNC is not
- Priyanka Chopra: 'Quarantine has been a blessing'
- Caroline Flack's death ruled suicide by inquest
- Will Gov. Evers order schools to close statewide in fall? At least one Republican fears he will
- A New Option for Personal Protective Equipment
- Season delayed: Boise State won't start until Sept. 25 after Mountain West makes schedule changes
- Carnivore Meat Company Partners with Festival Foods to Offer Hemp Chews Throughout Wisconsin
- Doctors Uncover COVID-19 Connections to Blood Clots, Dementia Using Epic
- HOW DID AUBURN HOOPS SURPASS MIZZOU?
- Groups Will Sue Unless DOE Updates 26 Overdue Energy Efficiency Standards
- Schools Reopening: Let’s Make This a Catalyst for Change
- BP to EWG on Net-Zero Carbon Pledge: ‘No turning back!’ We’ll See.
- Study: Disinfection Byproducts in Drinking Water May Increase Risk of Low Birth Weight Infants
- Even More Billions in U.S. Farm Bailouts Risk Violating Trade Agreements
- At Hillsborough County Commission Candidate Virtual Forum, All Candidates Voice Support for 100% Renewable Energy
- Energy Dept. Sued Over Hiding Details of Loan Guarantee for Appalachian Gas Liquids Project
- Smaller Farms Hit Hard by COVID-19 but Get Little Help From USDA
- Groups Sue Trump Administration Over Harmful NEPA Rules
- EWG News Roundup (8/6): National Pesticide Law Reform, Attacks on Children’s Health and More