On Friday, May 8th, we dedicated our weekly Fire Drill Friday to drive tens of thousands of calls to Congress to vocalize support for a strong fourth relief package that includes the demands of the Essential Worker Bill of Rights and does not include any giveaways to fossil fuel shareholders and executives.
You still take action to demand an Essential Worker's Bill of Rights by calling your member of Congress at 1-877-823-7391 right now!
It’s time for Congress to pass an economic relief package that provides healthcare, paid sick leave, and necessary work protections for all — not more unrestricted corporate and fossil fuel industry handouts.
Together, we can ensure that our elected officials vote for COVID-19 relief that puts people first, not corporations.
- Despite over 5,000 worker complaints, OSHA hasn’t cited a single employer over COVID-19 infractions
- Mail-in voting would thwart Republicans' most effective voter-suppression schemes
- DeVos and Mnuchin sued for unlawful seizure of student loan borrowers' tax refunds
- Former Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch, Emerge Wisconsin's Erin Forrest discuss women's evolving role in politics
- World-renowned brainiac Noam Chomsky: Trump is a "sociopathic megalomaniac" who made the U.S. "singularly unprepared" for the pandemic
- Wisconsin added another 28,308 unemployed last week; national total nears 41 million
- Wisconsin unemployment snapshot: Federal enhancement costs nearly double state payments
- Civil rights group seeks reparations for descendants of Tulsa Race Massacre
- While 41 million Americans lost jobs, billionaires grew nearly $500 billion richer
- Renewables outpace coal in U.S. energy consumption for first time since 1885
- Attack on States’ Right to Reject Fossil Fuel Projects is Targeted Strike Against Environmental Justice
- EWG Statement on the Murder of George Floyd
- NRDC: EPA Slashes State and Tribal Clean Water Rights
- The Turning Point: Fighting to End A Corrupt and Racist System
- Outbreak in Storm Lake: Tyson Continues to Fail Iowa Meat Workers and Consumers
- Southeast Siders Call on Mayor Lightfoot for Moratorium on Any Approvals for Metals Recyclers During Pandemic
- Progress Amidst the Crisis
- EWG News Roundup (5/29): Manure Overload in Minnesota, Toxic ‘Forever Chemicals’ on Military Bases and More
- Over 40 Organizations Call on Gov. Pritzker to Guarantee Universal Water Access During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Renewables Outpace Coal in U.S. Energy Consumption for First Time Since 1885