We're back for another Fireside Fire Drill with Jane Fonda and Heather C. McGhee, advocate, author, speaker, and Distinguished Senior Fellow at Demos, for a conversation on racial injustice, environmental racism, inequality, COVID-19, and a Green New Deal.
Heather C. McGhee designs and promotes solutions to inequality in America. In her TED talk, "Racism Has a Cost for Everyone", she shares startling insights into how racism fuels bad policymaking and drains our potential for a sustainable and prosperous future. Her forthcoming book, "The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together", is now available for pre-order at https://heathermcghee.com. The book includes a chapter on the racist roots and strategies of the opposition to climate justice.
To watch more Fireside Fire Drills, visit: https://firedrillfridays.com/
- Gay rumors come back to haunt Lindsey Graham during a tough re-election campaign
- Circuit court judge threatens to hold Racine in contempt of enacted COVID-19 restrictions
- Roll Call: Key votes from the Wisconsin congressional delegation this week
- Federal judge orders DeVos to cancel loans for students defrauded by for-profit colleges
- Right-wing takeover of federal courts continues with Senate approval of Trump's 200th appointee
- Recent hangings of blacks arouse fears that lynching has returned to America
- BenFred's 5: No fighting! No, really. Bench-clearing brawl could spoil a team's season
- Anderson, Norman C.
- Proposal would add statue of Vel Phillips at Wisconsin Capitol
- Senate Majority Leader: Is Gov. Evers hiding felon in his office?
- Beware Toxic Algae Over the Fourth of July
- 10 Common Mistakes When Applying Sunscreen
- NRDC: NYC FY2021 BUDGET CUT’S ESSENTIAL SANITATION SERVICES
- Virginia State Water Control Board Grants Chickahominy Plant Permit in Failure to Protect Water and Community Health
- NRDC: Court Ruling Gives People Say in FERC Pipeline Decisions
- Chesapeake Energy, Fracking’s Terrible Icon, Is Now Bankrupt
- NRDC: House Panel Unveils Bold Climate Plan
- Dems’ Climate Crisis Committee Fails to Treat Climate as a Crisis
- Scientists Recommend Regulating PFAS “Forever Chemicals” As a Class
- Study: All PFAS Pose Risk to Public Health, Should Be Treated as a Class