Tell Duke Energy you’re tired of them pretending to be green. Tell them to leave coal in the past and join us in the 21st century! http://sc.org/DarkAgeDuke
- In North Carolina and Indiana, Duke is not shifting beyond coal and instead plans to burn coal until as late as 2048.
- In Indiana, Duke is moving too slowly on renewable energy instead of leading the way.
- In Florida, Duke is actively blocking solar.
- In 2015, Duke was placed on five years of probation for environmental crimes and paid a $102 million fine for violations of the federal Clean Water Act.
- Duke is appealing North Carolina’s order to clean up its toxic coal ash.
Mecklenburg County, NC, where Duke is headquartered, continues to rank at the bottom in the American Lung Association’s annual air quality report.
The City of Charlotte has committed to a clean energy future, and it would help that goal and the region’s air quality for Duke Energy to retire the polluting, 62-year-old Allen Steam Station in neighboring Gaston County.
► Subscribe to the Sierra Club's YouTube Channel: http://smarturl.it/SierraClub_Subscribe
► Watch more videos from the Sierra Club:
The Sierra Club is the most enduring and influential grassroots environmental organization in the United States. We amplify the power of our 3.5+ million members and supporters to defend everyone’s right to a healthy world.
Stay connected with the Sierra Club online!
► Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SierraClub
► Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sierraclub
► Follow us on Instagram: https://instagram.com/sierraclub
- After six decades at Capitol, Madison Sen. Fred Risser announces his retirement
- Don Henley pays glowing tribute to Kenny Rogers
- Associated Bank announces financial relief measures to support customers affected by COVID-19
- Mark Wahlberg is 'out of the loop' with Hollywood
- Kim Kardashian West's grandmother MJ has been 'self quarantined for over a month'
- Dionne Warwick will retire when her voice and looks aren't the same
- Direct Stimulus Payments Would Deliver Quick Financial Assistance to Most, but Blocks Some Families from Receiving Aid
- Is The Coronavirus Stimulus Plan Bailing Out Oil & Gas?
- Mr. Trump, Enforce the Defense Production Act
- EWG News Roundup (3/27): 2020 Dirty Dozen™, Keeping a Healthy Home During Coronavirus and More
- EWG: More Stimulus Support for Nutrition Programs, Food and Farm Workers and Clean Energy Jobs
- Citing Coronavirus, Trump EPA Halts Enforcement of Critical Key Environmental Laws
- Gov. Wolf Vetoes Harmful Petrochemical Bill
- Sen. Bernie Sanders and Rep. Ilhan Omar Lead Letter Calling on Amazon to Protect Workers
- USDA Is Shrugging Its Shoulders About Deceptive “Product of USA” Labels
- COVID-19 Means Greater Anxiety for Youth Who are Incarcerated