Take action now to insist your Senators, Representatives, and Speaker Pelosi pressure Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump to protect clean energy workers from COVID-19 recession: http://sc.org/CovidRelief
Why This Matters: Mitch McConnell and the Republicans prioritized the fossil fuel industry in the last COVID-19 relief bill even though the clean energy industry employs more people. Now, clean energy workers could be left behind again. Over a half million people in the clean energy industry are still out of work (514,000 to be exact), and it could turn into permanent unemployment if Congress fails to give clean energy workers and their industry the support they need.
Our response to the current health and economic crises should not be to fuel the climate catastrophe. We must act now to save the clean energy economy and the millions of families that rely on these good-paying, clean energy jobs. As Congress responds to provide relief, they must do more to protect and support clean energy workers. These workers are building and installing the infrastructure that keeps the lights on and cuts damaging pollution in our communities. We cannot leave them behind.
Contact your federal legislator by clicking on the communications tools to the right. Tell your Senators, Congressional Representatives, and Speaker Pelosi that you want them to pressure Mitch McConnell to prioritize the clean energy workforce in the next COVID-19 relief package.
► Subscribe to the Sierra Club's YouTube Channel: http://smarturl.it/SierraClub_Subscribe
► Watch more videos from the Sierra Club:
The Sierra Club is the most enduring and influential grassroots environmental organization in the United States. We amplify the power of our 3.5+ million members and supporters to defend everyone’s right to a healthy world.
Stay connected with the Sierra Club online!
► Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SierraClub
► Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sierraclub
► Follow us on Instagram: https://instagram.com/sierraclub
- Protesters: We will be in Milwaukee, even if DNC is not
- Popular Midwest Resort Re-Opens With Private Villas, Homes Ready To Host Guests For Fun And Socially Distant Vacations
- Priyanka Chopra: 'Quarantine has been a blessing'
- Caroline Flack's death ruled suicide by inquest
- Season delayed: Boise State won't start until Sept. 25 after Mountain West makes schedule changes
- Will Gov. Evers order schools to close statewide in fall? At least one Republican fears he will
- HOW DID AUBURN HOOPS SURPASS MIZZOU?
- $20,000 reward offered for information about death of Black Trump supporter
- New York bans travelers from Wisconsin due to the state's high rate of coronavirus spread
- Michigan Supreme Court is reviewing case of a teenager jailed for not doing online schoolwork
- Groups Will Sue Unless DOE Updates 26 Overdue Energy Efficiency Standards
- Schools Reopening: Let’s Make This a Catalyst for Change
- BP to EWG on Net-Zero Carbon Pledge: ‘No turning back!’ We’ll See.
- Study: Disinfection Byproducts in Drinking Water May Increase Risk of Low Birth Weight Infants
- Even More Billions in U.S. Farm Bailouts Risk Violating Trade Agreements
- At Hillsborough County Commission Candidate Virtual Forum, All Candidates Voice Support for 100% Renewable Energy
- Energy Dept. Sued Over Hiding Details of Loan Guarantee for Appalachian Gas Liquids Project
- Smaller Farms Hit Hard by COVID-19 but Get Little Help From USDA
- Groups Sue Trump Administration Over Harmful NEPA Rules
- EWG News Roundup (8/6): National Pesticide Law Reform, Attacks on Children’s Health and More