- Views & Opinions
1. The Force is strong. Star Wars: The Force Awakens has awakened a new enthusiasm for Star Wars toys for children and adults, according to ToyInsider.com, which reviews and recommends toys. The site has published holiday toy reviews and lists, including top tech and STEM toys.
2. Communication craze. Kids have always talked to their toys, but now their interactive toys — Play All Day Elma, Hello Barbie, Clever Keet — are talking back.
3. Cooking up fun. Kids are cooking sweet and serving savory with Girl Scouts Cookie Oven, Yummy Nummies, Easy-Bake Ultimate Oven and Number Lovin’ Oven.
4. Construction with function. Toys to build vehicles, structures, people — Kids First Aircraft Engineer, Super Copter, Mighty Makers: Fun on the Ferris Wheel — now feature lots of moving parts.
5. Content creation. Digital games and app-enhanced toys — Super Mario Maker, Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box, Stikbot and Crayola Easy Animation Studio — allow kids to create animated videos and customize content and stories.