Earth Day is celebrated on April 22. The following is a collection of activities on or around the eco-occasion.
• Work Play Earth Days, April 11–May 2, Wisconsin State Parks. Friends of Wisconsin State Parks and the DNR bring out volunteers for cleanup efforts.
• Earth Poets and Musicians 28th Annual Earth Month Performances, 8 p.m. on April 18, Coffee House, 1905 W. Wisconsin, Milwaukee. Poetry and musical performances with donations to benefit Penokee Hills Support Committee of Milwaukee.
• Ninth Annual Nelson Institute Earth Day Conference, 9 a.m. on April 20, Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center, 1 John Nolen Drive, Madison. Programs, including a keynote by astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History in New York and host of the television series Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey. SOLD OUT.
• Adopt-a-Beach Training, 4:30 p.m. on April 20, Milwaukee Environmental Consortium, No. 100, 1845 N. Farwell, Milwaukee. Instructions and tips to lead a team in cleaning up a shoreline.
• Adopt-a-Beach Web Training, 5 p.m. on April 21, online at greatlakesadopt.org. Providing instructions and tips to lead a team in cleaning up a shoreline.
• Earth Poets and Musicians/Earth Month Performances, 7:30 p.m. on April 24, Urban Ecology Center, 1500 E. Park Place, Milwaukee. Music and poetry to benefit the UEC.
• Energy Fair, 4:30 p.m. on April 24, Evansville School District Field House, 320 Fair St., Evansville. Exhibits, demonstrations, activities involving children and adults.
• Earth Day Service, 9 a.m. on April 25, UEC Washington Park, 1859 N. 40th St., Milwaukee. Sponsored by the Student Conservation Association’s Milwaukee Conservation Leadership Corps and Urban Ecology Centers.
• Earth Day Challenge, 10 a.m. on April 25, various city parks. Volunteers remove trash, and weed and spruce up parks.
• Earth Day Workshop and Celebration and Awards Program, 7:45 a.m. on April 29, Briggs and Stratton, 12301 W. Wirth St., Wauwatosa. Presented by the Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council.
• 11th Annual Clean Rivers, Clean Lake Conference, 8 a.m. on April 30, Harley-Davidson Museum, 400 W. Canal St., Milwaukee. Featuring 38 speakers on a variety of topics.
• Move Some Earth Day, 9 a.m. on May 2, ReNew the Earth Institute, 7558 Deer Road, Custer. Cleanup, landscaping, painting and planting at the center.
• Great Milwaukee Victory Garden Blitz, May 9–23, Milwaukee. Volunteers install hundreds of raised-bed gardens at homes, schools, community centers and other locations.
Have an Earth Day activity to share? Please email email@example.com or post to our Facebook page.